Cramming | Resurfacing





Mom gave a  photocopy of her grading sheet last Friday. Though she didn't say when it is due for submission, the matriarch was hoping I could finish posting her student's grades by Sunday afternoon. The State University's computer lab was closed on weekends - a fact I didn't take into consideration. Since it is forbidden to access the website outside the campus for fear of  hackers, I  was only able to submit the grades by Wednesday.

-

It's the raketship season and Bentusi commissioned me for a new assignment: Writing comments for blog articles. We have a tight schedule.  Heard it's a new client.  Links were given last weekend and work began in earnest the following day. Some of  the articles are research intensive and distractions (including two nights of searching YouTube for proofs of extraterrestrial existence) hindered my progress. I  have 2,300 words to go spread across dozens of blog articles and here I am, writing a blog post to beef up my online presence. Deadline for completing this task  was moved from tomorrow to Saturday.

-   

I  have become more prayerful lately after the alarming revelations last week. Still, the stubborn mother doesn't want it to get checked.  Hate to admit it but  I  too have nowhere  to run so I resort to spiritual comfort to keep my head above water.

Kept  telling  myself  that I will return to my sanctuary in Katipunan since last month. Procrastination  held  me up for the longest time. So this afternoon, after clicking my mom's grades into the State U's well-guarded database, I went to Katipunan even if the church is closing by the time I arrive.

The guards were busy ushering the leaving pilgrims so sneaking pass behind them was easy. After I settled down in one of the pews and drew my wooden rosary out of the bag, prayers began to come out of my dried lips. 

-

Tasks were only accomplished because they were done with clockwork precision. I  was even able to squeeze the gym work-out despite its increasing irrelevance.  Baabaa Day was canceled for the first time. I didn't pick him up at the office.  The  partner heeded my request not to report to work after showing some flu-like symptoms yesterday.

There  are still a lot of  to-do things on my list. (including bill payments, menthol  inhaler replacement and paycheck bank deposit)  On top of this, work resumes after my one-day off.  As I resign myself to sleep, let this day be a reminder that though cramming applies when time is unstretchable, I should be wise enough to know that I'm not a  kid anymore who could afford laziness and rush things when it's almost times up.

As always, there's a choice to plan ahead.