LIFE: special delivery



Photobucket


I've been feeling a little home sick lately. My boyfriend and I have only been apart for about a week before now. To say the least, I miss him. Two weeks ago I asked him to send me a package of a few things that I'd forgotten or left at home, a pair of flats, a dress and to "trow in some candy for good measure...(please)". He took this as an opportunity to be a complete romantic and oh so thoughtful. Yesterday I received my package. I was actually on the phone with him when I walked into the apartment to find it sitting on the bed. "oh my, what could this be?" I began nonchalantly. I opened it excitedly, there was so much candy that it was almost as if he had sent a large box of Skittles and Starburst. " Babe, this is a box of cavities", I giggled.  Upon further examination I discovered my shoes and the dress I'd asked for along with a tube of toothpaste and an extra toothbrush (a way to offset his guilt for having sent me so much candy). This box was filled with many goodies and good laughs. I kept digging to find many more things two gift cards and....." baby, did you see the brown envelope" he questioned. Uhh...no I replied, then I found it sitting on top of everything, clearly the first thing that I was suppose to notice (but in my defense I was distracted by large bags of Starburst). I opened the envelope to find the most beautiful, handmade, hand drawn card I've ever even seen (!!!) Me being overly sentimental, I burst into tears without one more word to him. I mean... he is a graphic designer, this could have all been done on illustrator or something. The amount of time that I imagine he put into this only, cause my tears... initially. I can't reiterate all that it read, but it was beautiful, wholly satisfying. It's no wonder I was homesick, I left the most perfect guy back in Atlanta. I can't wait for him to come and visit so him what he's been missing...in NYC, that is (devilish smile).


Photobucket