Dear Ego




Feature mo naman si @Tanginaconfused dude. Hehe. Kung okay lang. :)

Anu sabihin ko? :)

Kaw... Sabihin mo mahal mo na siya... Hehehe. 

Seryoso?

Exposure lang. Kaya mo na yan. Never associate it with me ha?

Are you confused with your sexuality? What made you create that twitter account?

Bucket? Masama? Hehehe?

You are asking me to write about your other Twitter account. I need details. 

Kasi madami Tangina accounts. TanginaMars, TanginaBro, Shutanginabeks... Inggitero lang ako.



Once, J. Neil Garcia told our writing class that he doesn't blog; that he doesn't keep an online journal and he has no plans of joining other writers who have moved to cyberspace to gain more readers. For him, blogging is like starting at your navel. It's a useless and excessive exercise in self-contemplation. 

His loud musings were brushed off. I am a blogger after all. But I cautioned myself not to let my online journal (and its growing popularity) go to my head. I did my best to keep a low profile, and revealed my presence only to fellow bloggers.

Because I don't want to be seen as desperate.

I would always remember the story about a group of bloggers who used their influence to gain some perks - like a free meal in a restaurant. They were despised. They gave the whole blogger community a very bad rep. And there was also this blogger who peddled his webpage in events. "Leave a comment ha?" He would say. As if a single post can make a reader follow your blog. I'm sure, those who did leave a comment wanted the traffic to spill over their portals.

And there are bloggers who are so full of themselves, they include the entire link of their webpage when leaving a comment in some random online journal. I know one blogger who did this. He even nominated himself in the Philippine Blog Awards and won.

I don't say that self-promotion is wrong. Even I am guilty of leaving my footprints when wishing to draw attention. But I do so with such subtlety and sincerity that I feast on the entry before leaving a comment. You will never hear me say, "Oi, read naman my new blog entry." or throw some random or inappropriate comment so it could be traced back to me. When I can't spare some thoughts, I read quietly. I would rather be found and appreciated because of my words' own merit.

Humans are social animals, and those who wish to communicate would go to great lengths just to convey a message. Whether it's a blog, or a twitter account such as the one I "exposed," surely there must be deeper reasons as to why it deserves the spotlight. Some reveal a truth, while others, comfort a sagging spirit. But to appease one's ego, or serve as a masquerade for something that is unreal, (you tell me, you represent the confused?!?) then something must be awfully wrong. And the sad part is, our brief, nonsense conversation is a stark reminder of how lonely it is to be profound.

I did what you ask. Here is your free publicity. But just to let you know, hollowness won't get you anywhere. It never does. And if you think that joining the bandwagon would give you fame. Think again.

The ones who lead the world stand out from the crowd.