The Beginning...

My Fiance and I bought a wonderful home built in 1910 near a historic downtown. We were drawn in by it's charm, and curb appeal; since signing the papers it has been a wild adventure. We are amazed how many times a week we are at Home Depot and Lowes, and every time it always ends up costing a hundred dollars! How it that even possible?

This has been an amazing experience so far, and it is far from over. It has been a time where our bond has been tested at times, but throughout this experience we have found that laughter is the key to not loosing your mind.

The first night we were the proud owners of our new home, we didn't get the key. Since the house was a foreclosure we didn't get the keys until some other parties signed- of course I was not aware of this and when we went to close on the home I had all of my cleaning supplies packed into my car. I will never forget the feeling of udder disappointment I felt when the real estate lady told us we would not be getting the keys- our thought on the matter: we spend more money than we ever have before in our LIFE and all we have are a stack of papers and a neat folder?!?!?! No.  You don't tell that to a strong minded southern woman with cleaning supplies in her car. So after signing, we went back to OUR HOME! 

After sitting and laughing on the porch, we were saddened at the thought that we owned this home and we can't go in. Again, this southern girl will not just take that. So we were trying to break into our home-sad but true. We found the way to get into the house-the crawl space under the home. After my fiance tried for 15 minutes to get the courage to crawl under the house, (he gets squeamish) I (in a sundress and flip flops) I said "move it" and did it myself. I crawled under the house, to the under stairs area where we remembered a door- BINGO!  I popped the floor open and busted the locked door open with my butt. Us southern women wont be stopped by a little locked door and creepy rodents/ bugs even if we're in a dress and pearls.

We spent about an hour just basking in the joy of home ownership and then left to my apartment to eat dinner. Little did we know the adventure was just beginning.