Newcomer








I have been an observer of the ascending success & the evolution of Dion Lee for quite some time now. His name frequents the publications that I daily read, he is constantly winning awards, and the fashion world is smitten. It seems he can only elicit positive reviews, and here I am - no different. This 24 year old Australia native is quite high on my list of ones to watch. I admire more than anything innovation in a designer, and Dion artfully deploys unexpected materials, plays with interestingly-cool new silhouettes, and his quality is architecturally constructed. To say the least I am excited to see what he presents next.

In Dion's words, the AW/13 collection "was inspired by breathing and the idea of air moving through the different pieces," explained Lee backstage after the show while a lookbook shoot was jumping into action at the same time.

"It began with menswear tailoring and was broken down and fractured, dropping down to show transparent layering," he described. "Then we have this light-reflective fringing to mimic veins and it's about the idea of circulation."