SATURDAY OUTING


Saturday, March 13th was a good out on the town day. My beau and I had a meeting at 1:30 with Stan Mukoru, we were only suppose to be there 30 minutes, it lasted two hours. We meet his fiancé Jenika Thomas; they were both very inspiring people. From there, Joe wanted to go to a record store called criminal records on Mclendon Avenue. I must say that i felt dragged along, until I saw the cutest little boutique right next door. Kelly's Closet. I went into the record store with Joe and quickly found a classic DIANA ROSS record Ross's first solo LP, Diana Ross, featured her first solo number-one hit, "Ain't No Mountain High Enough". Almost as soon as I found it I gave it to him and left the store to go check out that boutique that I saw on the way into criminal records.
Adorable was the word, very southern too, yet, no cheep "made in china" tags here, and no signs announcing "under a hundred dollar sale prices" either. I even caught myself thinking of how my collection would look in this place. Quite nice, I thought. There was a pizza place across the street, Fellini’s Pizza, so after i dragged Joe in to look at the boutique, we headed over to the pizza place. Once we came in, ordered our pizza, and sat down I noticed the cutest dressed waitress that I've ever seen. Her frock was loss fitting yet it hugged her waist. Very classic Greek, I loved it. I asked where she got it and get this, she told me that she loved thrift shopping and that she found it in one. COOL huh. I was liking that little area more and more. We left after we devoured our pizzas. It was around 6pm, so Joe decided that we would head over to little five points; which is Atlanta’s trendiest little shopping area outside of downtown. We walked into a bookstore, not many books on fashion or style for that matter so I didn't purchase anything. Latter he went to another record store, so I then decided, around 8 o'clock, that we were going to a thrift store. All in all it was really a fun filled day.



The record I found. Joe ended up buying it for $1.00. I think he thinks that it belongs to him now.



Our waitress, I think she looks very chic and very comfortable at the same time. My kinda girl.



Me in the bookstore, I could not find one interesting book on the subjects of fashion or style.