BUSINESS: WHO IS MY CUSTOMER?




In the process of writing my business plan, this question comes up a lot. I find that, not only is this question difficult for me to answer, but it seems to never be satisfied with one or even a few answers. The answer to this question is crucial to the future success of my company and I know that many hours of analyzing & reanalyzing my thoughts will go into it; which means I must take my time to answer with precise accuracy.  The most difficult answer that I have had to perceive as accurate and cope with so far is the fact that, I am not my customer.





So far I have a few answers. I will continue to list attributes of the Azede Jean-Pierre women until I can no longer think of any that fit her aesthetic as well as the aesthetic of the brand.


- To start she is a feminine women who isn't afraid to flirt with androgyny once in a while. She will definitely pair feminine and masculine garments together in on outfit. 

- She likes to invest in her clothing (she will own a jacket for at least twenty years, and on the 20th year it should still be in vogue), but once in a while she might fall to the allure of an undeniable trend.

-She is most comfortable wearing dull or muted tones yet loves to spontaneously intermix her palette with bright colors or even neon to spice things up a bit.

-She works out (or maybe just walks a lot) and is health conscious so she is completely confident of her body. She knows her figure and the best ways to accent it. She loves showing off her curves or lack there of. 

-She enjoys the beauty and the quality of innovative, well thought-out clothing. She has more designer pieces in her wardrobe than she does basics. She scarcely wears anything basic (even to do the most common task).

-She enjoys people stares, thus, she is always the center of attention. She enjoys making what looks odd (to most ) cool, its almost as if she can pull anything off. 

-She enjoys wearing body conscious silhouettes, but her true love is that of loose fitting, flowy or draped garments.

-And yes, to her GOD is in the details

-Her demeanor is that of a lady, yet there is a hidden sensuality about her. She is both delicate and dangerous. 

-She is a women of class and of good taste; she knows how fabric feels and can identify quality very easily.