Paypal





Never did I think it would become handy for the Raketship Project.







The year was 2007.  I signed up at Paypal with Mami Athena's prodding.  She needed to use my credit card to donate to some file hosting sites where she gets her daily dose of  zombie films.  She promised to share her access but since I still use dial-up at home, I merely let her pay the bill.

Word spread that Paypal allows its users to receive payments from online transactions.  But three years ago, the feature has yet to be introduced in the country.  The account could have been a convenient platform for doing business in the Internet. Its limitations however has confined us to purchasing online services which would normally require a Visa or Mastercard.
   
Signing up is very easy.  All you need is a credit card and a commitment to fulfill your credit obligations. Unionbank offers E-On Cybercard as an alternative to cc's, which often require lengthy processing  and background information procedures.

That is unless you have a sizable savings in a bank that offers a credit card.

Paypal.com can be accessed from Google and clicking the orange box that says sign up sends you to the create a PayPal account webpage. Go to the personal box for individual accounts and fill-in the information required.  Verification takes place shortly after details have been put in. 



For the longest time, my Paypal account laid dormant after the Patroness of Giggling Dogs found new ways to pay for her file-sharing "access." Meanwhile, the prospect of running an online empire never crossed my mind since the steady cash flow from the Sikyu Agency had put out whatever sidelines I had in mind.

But things have changed, especially after I discovered the joys of Raket Science
.





The Bentusi maybe the first among my online ventures, and I'm glad that I already have the basic infrastructure should I decide to work freelance and acquire the wealth of cyberspace on my own.