OPINION: What a Niche?




It has become increasingly apparent to me that in order to subsist among those companies that both I myself respect, and that my dream customer is bound to become brand loyal to, I must start now to learn how to provide exceptional customer service and impeccable quality.

I must first realize what is perceived as good and acceptable to my niche demographic in order to go above and beyond it. I've menioned before that I have been working on revising my business plan, lackadaisically so. A daunting task yet beneficial to my success, I know. While working on the marketing portion of the plan I've come to the realization that I have not done nearly as much research as may be needed. Thus, I have decided to further examine the A.J.P. brand's target market much more closely. I have also decided to ask for your help. If you are at all interested in the clothes that I design and can easily see yourself wearing pieces from the collections, please do me this favor. I have composed a list of questions and would appreciated your honest answers. I can not began to express my gratitude to anyone who thinks my cause worthy enough to invest their energy and time into a reply to my request. You may send me an email with answers to azede@azedejean-pierre.com.

  1. Please provide the following: your age, gender, marital status, relationship status (if unmarried), family size (if married), occupation, highest level of education attained, religion, ethnicity, & region.
  2. Annual income bracket [a: $15,000 - $24,999] [b: $25,000 - $49,999] [c: $50,000 - $74,999] [d: $75,000 - $99,000] [e: $100,000 - $149,999] [f: $150,000 - $199,999] [g: $200,000 and up]
  3. Do you use social networking sites? If so, which sites do you frequent the most? examples: Facebook, Twitter, Myspace, Tumblr, Blogger, Blog Lovin, Flicker, YouTube, Chictopia, etc.
  4. Are you a Republican, Democrat or other?
  5. Where would you most like to live and work, if you are not already residing there? 
  6. Brand you frequently purchase for yourself, brand you splurge on & brands you wish you could afford?
  7. Do you try on clothing before you make a purchase?
  8. Do you enjoy shopping with a friend or do you prefer to shop alone?
  9. Do you follow trends?
  10. Are you one of the most attractive people you know?
  11. Rate your physical beauty from one to ten.
  12. If you had a choice whould you rather be rich or famous?
  13. How often do you make a purchase after seeing an item on display for the first time?
  14. Do you learn better with visual imagery or written words?
  15. Where do you do most of your apparel shopping (and why)?
  16. Do you shop online?
  17. What brands do you identify quality with (and why)?

As thanks for your time and honest reply, I plan to give these Versace sunglasses away in a drawing including the name of persons who replied to my questions.