BEAUTY: platinum?






Recently I've been wanting to change my hair because I figured, it's just time. I usually change it up every six months give or take. I guess it was about that time because I called my hair stylist yesterday and told her that I wanted to bleach my hair entirely platinum white. Her reply- "we'll talk about it when you get here." This morning I arrived early to the salon overly excited about the whole thing and super proud of myself for having the guts to go this far with my plans. My dreams were shattered when Val my stylist refused to go through with it. "Girl, that's just not going to happen." I won't die your hair, that is a huge commitment -one that I am not sure you are ready for, not to mention that there is a chance that you might not like the way that it looks with your complexion" she said. "I'll give you two options, you may have partial color or a quick weave with full color. After much  more convincing I decided -ok uuhhhgg, I'll try the color out first, so i did both. Yep, you read correctly, this is not my real hair- (its a quick weave) just a trial run to see if I like it enough to take the leap. I'm glad that in the end I decided to do the trial run instead of jumping in the deep sea head first. I'm really not quite sold on it or the commitment part yet.

At the moment I am enjoying reading BON, the Sweden & UK based magazine - I love the content, the editorial, the articles and the design of this quality magazine. Good reads: A debate on Fashion industry issues with Laird Persson (an accomplished author and freelance writer for vogue) Lynn Yaeger (currently writes for the New York times magazine among others) Fern Mallis (known as the creator of New York Fashion week) Kelly Cutrone (the founder of the PR, marketing and branding firm Peoples Revolution) Amina Akht (fashion editor of NYMag.com, creator of The Cut). Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez pulling focus back to New York. Kate and Laura Mulleavy on California's landscape as inspiration. Go to your local book store and pick it up, I'm sure that you will enjoy it.

Twitter | Facebook | Bloglovin