DESIGN: leather envelope clutch





What you will need: about two square feet of leather, a large envelope (or one that is your preferred  perfect sized clutch) and leather bonding Fabric-Tac.

What to do: use the envelop as your pattern piece and trace the outline onto the back side of your leather. Cut out the pattern piece and glue the edges together in order to form your envelop. Hand stitch a snap onto the center top of the bottom fold. If you wish you may add a button or some ornamental fixture (like I did) to hide the seems of the snap. There you have it, a very clean minimalistic multipurpose clutch that you can wear casually or to any major event. 





The leather paper bag (third image from the top) just jumped out at me when I saw it. I don't know who designed it but whoever it was must be a very innovative person. I wanted to copy it instantly but with Joe's help I resisted and created a leather envelope clutch using the same concept. I love that its is so unstructured and that I can fit standard American letter paper-sized objects into it perfectly. Although I do love my own design, you have to forgive me because if I don't find out who designed that leather paper bag soon I might have to make my own.