Bishop Pajero





After all things are said and done, the hard part is asking oneself, where do we anchor our faith now?


HER EXCELLENCY GLORIA MACAPAGAL-ARROYO
President, Republic of the Philippines
MalacaƱang Palace
Manila


Dear Madam President,


I will be celebrating my 66th birthday on March 8, 2009.

I know this will be a precious day and timely occasion to thank the Lord for giving me another year.

After a prayerful discernment and due considerations to the existing crisis phenomenon today.

I have decided not to hold a birthday party.

Instead, I prefer to make use of my birthday as a day with and for myself, and with God.  Having been declared, awarded and honored from your good office as ‘Peace Champion of Caraga’.  I am grateful to God that He has made me an instrument of His peace, especially here in Mindanao.

I know I can do more to promote and work for peace.

It is in this view that I am asking a favor from your Excellency.

At present, I really need a brand-new car, possibly a 4 x 4, which I can use to reach the far-flung areas of Caraga.

I hope you will never fail to give a brand new car which would serve as your birthday gift to me.

For your information, I have with me a 7-year-old car which is not anymore in good running condition.

Therefore, this needs to be replaced very soon.

I am anticipating your favorable response on this regard.

Thank you very much.

Be assured of my constant support and sincerest prayers to your Excellency.

God bless you.


Sincerely,

Most Rev. Juan De Dios Pueblos, D.D.
Bishop of Butuan
P.O. Box 54, 8600 Butuan City



Had it been a flatbed truck - to deliver relief goods and equipment in the flood-prone areas of Butuan.


Or a school, to educate the children of the far-flung villages of Caraga.


Or at least a dozen clinics that will be run by the church, to heal not only the spirit but also the body,


Then it wouldn't be as shameful as this. But for one's personal gains?


Indeed, Mr. Pueblos, you made us realize that even  men in robes are corruptible.